Albergo Della Posta
Albergo della Posta, which literally translates into post office hotel, takes its name from Astano's old post office in the Malcantone municipality. In fact around the 2nd half of the 19th century Albergo della Posta was built exactly where that old post office once was. Upon completion of the additional building facing south, the first guests were hosted at Albergo della Posta in 1888. Along the 20th century the hotel was renovated a couple of times: In 1964 the garden, terraces and swimming pool were added to the initial dining room. The furniture, dating back to the opening of the Albergo, was partially renovated as well. Twenty years later the nearby land was bought and an extension was built following the project of architech Dolf Schnebli from Ticino.
15 rooms in the mountains